Table of Contents
A serious-minded former soldier of the sea who excels at swimming, fishing, and laundry. He left the navy and came to the castle to work under Euden, but he seems to have a secret he wants to reveal to him.
|CV Info - English||CV Info - Japanese|
|Brian Davidson||Kenichi Suzumura|
Obtainable as a 4
This ex-Marine is by no means a first choice among the playerbase; because he has only one healing skill, many find it difficult for Thaniel to keep up with the demands of the average team. Yet for High Brunhilda, he’s the best option-- nobody else can clear Burn status, and Seafarer’s Pride blocks a bit of incoming damage. Burn Res and access to additional healing with the Marine Staff make Thaniel a staple for the fight, and a solid option elsewhere for on-element healing to Water Adventurers.
This extends the life of teammates significantly in Flame IO, and can reduce damage from High Brunhilda’s unavoidable attacks. Doublebuff synergy with Karina and Valiant Crown is also a plus.
Healing Wave clears Burning as a built-in effect.
Without many passives to boost healing potency, Thaniel’s Healing Wave casts may struggle to keep up with incoming damage.
This is actually a boon against normal Brunhilda-- whose Overdrive attack sequence is quite tough-- but otherwise, delaying boss cycles is unhelpful at best. Skill Prep or Recovery Potency would have been preferred.
Skimpy Dragon Options
Simurgh and Poseidon are okay, but a 40-60% HP Dragon would maximize Thaniel's potential.
- Simurgh is odd in that she grants more HP than Poseidon, but Overdrive Punisher works counter to Thaniel's Gauge Inhibitor. In the end, extra damage has a marginal effect for healers, so she's the best option for healing and HP alone.
- Poseidon is another good option for High Brunhilda. The Strength won't have much of an impact, but HP bonuses will greatly enhance Thaniel's outbound healing.
- Peng Lai is both F2P and easily max unbound. Inflicting Bog greatly increases his team's DPS.
- Mercury serves as both a budget and second-choice option and is easily unbound for a 30% HP bonus.
- Poli’ahu still gives more HP than the Snow Drake, if options are scarce.
Phoenix also might be worth bringing if doing Co-Op for Flame IO.
- Beauty’s Balm is generic while also providing Thaniel a much needed targeted heal.
- While the Marine Staff has weaker stats than the 5★ Bracing Waters, it’s worth considering for the additional heal skill.
- Healing and Recovery Potency - Louise's Hobbies, Give Me Your Wounded, Take My Hand, Auspex's Prayer, Cleo's Ruse, Warrior Maiden, Destiny's Hand, How to Flee Properly, What a Handful!, Halo, Roast Feast, Winds of Saint Lotier, Old Harp, Delightful Dancer, New World Escort
- Skill Prep - The Chocolatiers, A Slice of Dragonyule, Of Tricks and Treats, Gentle Winds, To My Beloved, Worthy Rivals, Paladyn Defender, Destiny's Hand, Sniper's Allure, Welcome, One and All, Teatime, Crown of Yore, Seafood Soup, New World Escort
- Skill Haste - Jewels of the Sun, Heralds of Hinomoto, Happier Times, Enchiridion
Increases the potency of recovery skills by 8%. Benefits your whole team.
Increases the potency of recovery skills by 10%. Benefits your whole team.
Increases the potency of recovery skills by 14%. Benefits your whole team.
Increases the potency of recovery skills by 20%. Benefits your whole team.